Enacted by Gov. John Bel Edwards in 2021, Louisiana’s Climate Action Plan outlines a comprehensive strategy to diversify Louisiana’s economy and add jobs while increasing resilience. Action items include:
- Reducing greenhouse gas emissions from the energy, transportation, industrial and agricultural sectors.
- Increasing the use of renewable energy, such as wind and solar, and energy efficiency measures.
- Protecting and restoring Louisiana’s coastal ecosystems.
- Improving community resilience to climate impacts, such as sea-level rise, flooding and extreme weather events.
- Supporting economic growth and job creation through the development of new technologies and businesses focused on clean energy and climate resilience.
The plan also includes specific actions and strategies for achieving these goals and outlines that the economy of the future will be powered by renewable energy.
Click here to view the Climate Action Plan.